Friday, November 21, 2014

BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL


As I've mentioned in some earlier posts last week, I've got the redecorating bug, and I'm on the hunt for some new ideas for The Manor.

Our Master Bedroom could really use some updating. And bedrooms can be so tricky. You want them to be comfortable, functional, and for most of us.... pretty.

The Count won't sleep in anyhting with flowers on it, and he likes dark colors (imagine that), but I want a cozy room to rest in peace.

I'm really loving this black on black color combination. Notice the shades of black and grey, but all the textures are pretty amazing, too! The wallpaper has a bold print (not girly at all) and the gold accents on the lamp and night stand, blend well with the wine colored flooring.

Did you notice the fur rug? How gothic and delish is that?

So remember, if you're thinking about a black on black design for any room (or tomb), don't forget to add some visual interest with a simple, bold pattern, some shiny metalics, and some fab-boo-lous textures.

Don't be afraid to try new things. Change is good! If you don't like the color, you can always repaint it. If you don't like the bedding you bought.... take it back. Be brave, and promise me that you'll do one decoratiing project this weekend.... no matter how big or small. Trust me, you'll thank me later.

Enjoy your weekend! Happy redecorating!