Thursday, October 30, 2014

DOING THE HAPPY DANCE!

Well Halloweenies.... this is it! Tomorrow is Halloween, and it's gonna be here whether we're ready or not. So just enjoy, take a minute to look around at everything you've done, and give yourself a pat on the back.

It doesn't matter if you didn't hang ghosts from all the trees, or bake those spiderweb cookies, or you forgot to make your Lily Munster dress.... just enjoy what you've done! Great job!

But, if you're still in need of that last minute crafty costume idea.... think bats!


Oh, how cute is this???? I loooooooove it! I came across this little gem while surfing the web, and I gotta tell you, there are so many talented crafters out there!

I couldn't find the instructions....but I would say from all my years of crafting experience, all you'll need is some black floral wire, black foam sheets (or black adhesive paper) scissors, maybe a glue stick or hot glue gun.... and a plain black headband.

From the picture, it looks pretty simple. If I had to guess, I'd say.... make a bat template, trace it, cut it out, attach the bats (by hot glue or glue stick) to the wire, (cut at different lengths, and be sure to add a few extra inches at the bottom for twisting around the actual headband) Use the photo as a reference how far apart to set them, and I say add as many bats as you like.... until you get the desired look that you're going for!

Pretty simple. And the best part.... it doesn't have to look exactly like the picture. If it's not perfect, you're the only one who knows.

Just throw on some black leggings with a black sparkly top, and I think you'll look cute.... and crafty!