Wednesday, October 23, 2013

AMERICAN HORROR STORY ~ COVEN

I wanted to wait until I got a few episodes under my belt, before I posted my thoughts on the new season of American Horror Story.

Season 1 was fantastic! Love it. Season 2.... not so much. But Season 3.... I'm thinking this may be my favorite one so far.


American Horror Story: Coven tells the secret history of witches and witchcraft in America. Over three hundred years have passed since the turbulent days of Salem and those who managed to escape are now facing extinction. Mysterious attacks have been escalating against their kind and young girls are being sent away to a special school in New Orleans to learn how to protect themselves.

Fiona Goode (Jessica Lange) is quite the bad ass witch.

Kathy Bates..... if she doesn't get an award for this, I'll be shocked. She's fantastic as the infamous Madame LaLaurie.

And if you don't know who that is, you may want to read up on some New Orleans history. Marie Delphine LaLaurie, more commonly known as Madame LaLaurie, was a Louisiana-born socialite and serial killer known for her involvement in the torture and murder of slaves.

Angela Bassett is an amazing Marie Laveau, the Voodoo Queen of New Orleans. Excellent. She's incredible.


The other characters are also pretty good. The younger cast is interesting, but not one that looks like they came straight from  Gossip _____, The _____ Dairies, or any of those other ______ shows. Come on, you know what I mean....

I think it's well written, sometimes funny, and very entertaining... so far. But let me tell you something about my luck.... If I like it... it's the kiss of death! Either it'll go down hill and get stupid, or get cancelled. (*sigh)

Loved Dexter.... over. Was a fan of Eastwick ..... gone. 666 Park Avenue.... outta here.

I just don't have any luck with tv shows. So I hope I haven't jinxed it. And if you haven't seen it yet, be sure to check out FX tonight.  American Horror Story: Coven airs at 10 P.M.