Tuesday, July 31, 2012

BLACK CAT CAKE

If you're like me, and not the best baker in the world...it's ok. There's hope for us yet. You know I preach a lot about making it easy on yourself when planning the perfect party. So here's another hot tip.....

Something simple, like this cute black cat, makes a great looking cake for your upcoming party. But here's the best part.....if you're not a cake artist (witch I am not...) just print off this pictute and take it to your local bake shop, and have them recreate the same look on a half sheet cake. (Yup, it's that easy) Just order a plain (half) sheet cake with black icing

I've found that most bakeries are happy to do it, if they have a picture they can refer to. Remember, it doesn't have to be exactly like the picture, but it gives your baker a good point of reference.

And for added good measure.... I always ask the baker for some of their business cards (most of them also do their own cake decorating on the side) that I can hand out to guests who ask about the talented artist who made the cake! (Trust me, you'll be glad you did)