Friday, September 23, 2011
If you want to get some great inspiration, check out Cake Central! These guys really know what they're doing....and it looks so fun!
If you decide to make a cake or use gingerbread, I think you're haunted house is gonna be sweet!
But if you're up to the challenge.... follow these step by step instructions to make your gingerbread house truly Spook-Tacular!
Tuesday, September 13, 2011
Wednesday, September 7, 2011
This bewitching witch's hat makes a great table decoration for your Halloween party, and is super easy for little goblin fingers to make.
What you'll need:
2 sheets of black construction paper
1 sheet felt (green, orange, purple, or red)
Strip of black felt
White craft glue
Scissors (use safety scissors for the kiddos!)
How to make it:
1. Roll 1 sheet of black paper into a cone. Secure with tape (see image).
2. Trim the bottom of the cone so that it will stand up on the table.
3. Use a cup or jar as a guide and cut out a circle from black paper large enough for the hat brim.
4. Glue the cone to the circle and set aside to dry (see image).
5. Cut ¼” or ½” strips of felt and glue them around the cone.
6. Cut a strip of black felt to go around the base of the cone.
7. If you like, cut a bat out of black felt and glue to your hat.
- Buy construction paper at the dollar store for plenty of fun projects.
- Felt is inexpensive so stock up on 5 or 6 sheets each time you go to the store.
- Traditional Halloween colors include black, orange, purple, red and green. However, you can use whatever colors you like for this project!