Wednesday, May 4, 2011

EDGAR ALLAN POE BIRDHOUSE

I found this amazing idea while surfing the web....and I love it! It's one of those ideas where you say.... "Why didn't I think of that?!"

I think this could be replicated pretty easily and look pretty darn cool to boot! All you need is an old book of Poe and some decoupage....or you could take a wooden pre-made birdhouse (you know, the ones you find at your favorite craft store for a few dollars) and practice your Trompe L'oeil painting  technique.

I wish I knew who to thank for such a cool idea, but if you find out, let me know so we can be sure to credit them. I think this project is cool enough to display all year long. Won't it look great in the old library at the Manor?

I really love birdhouses, and I think I may need to work on a few haunted houses for our feathered friends.....so look for that project coming soon!