Thursday, April 21, 2011

BRAIN CAKE

I was searching the web for some new ideas,and I came across this awesome site where I found this BRAIN CAKE. Wouldn't this be a fabulous centerpiece for this year's Halloween party?

Now let me warn you....there directions are quite lengthy, but I definitely think it's worth it! And if you don't think you have the time or the cake-making talents to pull this off, you may want to just use the frosting-method. (Make gray-colored frosting and use a wide tip with your pastry/frosting bag to make the squiggly brain matter)

Here are the basic ingredients that you will need, however depending on what kind of cake mix or cake recipe you use, it will vary.

~Cake Mix and the necessary ingredients (follow the instructions on your recipe or box)
~Frosting (store-bought or mix your own)
~Mini Marshmallows (a whole package preferably)
~Powdered Sugar
~Food Coloring especially the colors green and red.
~Oil (to grease your hands with later)

Click here for the rest of the step-by-step instructions for this project. And if you give it a try, be sure to send me your pictures! Go for it!