Tuesday, May 11, 2010

THEY'RE CREEPY AND THEY'RE KOOKY

This is one of my latest projects. I'm not much of a gardener, but I try. This is one of my favorite plants, that I've since named "Cleopatra" in honor of Morticia Addams. It's actually a crocodile plant, and it's pretty unique, the leaves grow little seedlings around the edges, that look like tiny teeth. It got the name because it looks like the mouth of a crocodile. Everyone thinks it's kinda creepy looking, I think it's pretty. Go figure.

In case you weren't an "Addams Family" aficionado.....Cleopatra was an African strangler plant whose main diet was chunks of red, fleshy meat (Cleo's favorite food was Zebra Burgers and Yak meatballs). Morticia grew Cleopatra from a seed.

The overly aggressive plant was always snuggling up to the family's visitors who didn't realize the plant's apparent affection was really Cleopatra's way of sizing up her next meal.