Wednesday, May 5, 2010

MORTICIA ADDAMS, STYLE ICON

Think about it, she's gorgeous, she's got a great house, a great outfit, a butler....and a husband who adores her! You could say that Morticia was really the one who started it for me with my Halloween obsession.

One of my fondest memories was when I was in the 3rd grade and my mom made me the Morticia Addams dress for Halloween. I remember being so proud to wear it to school for our class Halloween party!

The Addams Family is a group of fictional characters created by American cartoonist Charles Addams.

The Addamses are a satirical inversion of the ideal American family; an eccentric, wealthy clan who delight in the macabre and are unaware that people find them bizarre or frightening. They originally appeared as a series of single panel cartoons, published in The New Yorker between 1938 and Addams' 1988 death.

They have since been adapted to other media, including television series, films, video games, and now a play on Broadway, starring Bebe Neuwirth and Nathan Lane! Click here to see a preview of The Addams Family, A New Musical!