Tuesday, May 18, 2010

BRAIN FOOD

You know, sometimes you just have to take time to relax and enjoy some down time. Maybe go for a walk, watch a movie, or pick up a book, and read one of the classics. I decided to go to one of my favorite places, "Half Price Books" (and yes, it is as fantastic as it sounds!) yesterday....and I found some really interesting books.

There's a new series of books, published by Quirk Classics, that blends the work of classic literary masters with new scenes of horrific creatures and gruesome action!

I picked up the most recent, "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: Dawn of the Dreadfuls", and I can't put it down! If you like the classics, and love horror and zombies too, this is the book to read.

Also, I'm a huge Edge Allen Poe fan, (and who isn't?) and I got a copy of  "On a Raven's Wing: New Tales in Honor of Edgar Allan Poe" by Mary Higgins Clark, Thomas H. Cook, James W. Hall, Rupert Holmes, S. J. Rozan, Don Winslow, and Fourteen Others.

So, when I need a break from conjuring recipes and working long days in the workshop, this is a great way to relax.